For 4 people.
- 400 grams of white beans
- 100 grams of ham shavings
- 500 milliliters of poultry stock
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- Basil or coriander
- Ground black pepper
How to make White bean soup with ham shavings:
- Soak the beans in cold water for 8 hours.
- Drain them and put them in a saucepan with the poultry stock, the bay leaf and a little salt, finishing by covering them with cold water.
- After bringing the beans to a boil, cook over low heat for 90 to 105 minutes, or until tender.
- Leave adding more cold water, as you soak it up.
- Then add the ham shavings to the beans, 5 minutes before cooking is complete.
- Remove the bay leaf and add the sweet paprika, giving them a turn and rectifying the seasoning.
- Finally sprinkle the beans with the shavings with the basil or chopped coriander before serving.