A classic that never fails and with a little ham is even more appetizing.
For 4 people.
- 800 grams of potatoes
- 250 grams of ham shavings
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Special fries with ham shavings:
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into strips. Ideally, the potatoes should be about the same size and thickness so that they are done at the same time.
- While you are chopping the potatoes, leave them in a bowl with water and leave them there for about 20 minutes to release the starch.
- Strain the potatoes, dry them with a tea towel and put them in a bowl. Add the oil and stir until they are well impregnated.
- Place the potatoes on a cookie sheet with baking paper and bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown. Don’t forget to turn them around when about 20 minutes have passed so that they are done on both sides.
- Remove the tray from the oven, add the ham shavings on top and salt to taste. Finally serve the potatoes with ham shavings with your favorite sauce.